A small 13-acre lake in Shoreview that drains to Lake Owasso.
Lake Emily is a small lake located in the city of Shoreview. The lake is completely surrounded by private land. There is no public access, but residents use the lake for fishing, canoeing and aesthetic enjoyment.
- Tributary area: 244 acres
- Downstream waterbody: Lake Owasso
- DNR code: 62‑0080P (click for LakeFinder data)
- Surface area: 13 acres
- Average depth: 7 feet
- Maximum depth: 15 feet
- MPCA designations: Shallow lake
- Accountable municipalities: Shoreview, Ramsey County
- Nutrient water quality classification: At risk
The following graphs show the growing season average measurements in Lake Emily for chlorophyll-a, total phosphorus and secchi transparency. Dating back to 1980, the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has collected a limited amount of water quality data for Lake Emily thought their Citizen Lake Monitoring Program. The District now monitors the lake as part of its lake monitoring program.