We value the voices of our residents. The Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) exists to bring forward ideas and respond to concerns from people we serve in the community.
Who is the CAC?
The Citizens Advisory Committee is a group of volunteers with a shared commitment to preserving clean water. They come with a variety of talents and educational backgrounds and help to further common goals in their community. Members provide guidance on which issues are most important to them, and how we can continually improve our programs.
2021 meeting schedule
- February 9 Agenda Minutes
- April 27 Agenda Minutes
- June 8 Agenda Minutes Meeting Link
- September 28
- October 26
- December 7
Meetings are open to the public and normally held at the District office (2665 Noel Drive, Little Canada, MN) from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. While the office is closed for COVID-related health concerns, the group meets online via Zoom. We invite you to come to a meeting to learn more about the work we are doing in your neighborhood!
Meeting links and agendas will be posted here closer to the meeting dates. June Zoom link code 1234
- Learning about District programs and initiatives.
- Reviewing the District’s annual work program as it relates to the Management Plan.
- Supporting our education goals with activities such as promoting use of the Phalen Chain Water Trail Map, finding guest speakers and organizing activities.
- Reviewing District plans, studies and projects.
- Assisting staff in public education, outreach and information activities, including events such as WaterFest and projects like our shallow lakes video.
- Developing community contacts and methods to understand local attitudes, values and concerns about water management issues.
- Assisting staff in the planning of annual Watershed Excellence Awards.
- Displaying respect for the ideas of others in meetings and while representing the District in the community.
Members and open seats:
- City representatives
- Gem Lake: OPEN
- Landfall: OPEN
- Little Canada: OPEN
- Maplewood: Mark Gernes
- North St. Paul: Glen Olson
- Oakdale: OPEN
- Roseville: Hallie Finucane
- Shoreview: Scott Ramsay
- St. Paul: Jill Danner
- Vadnais Heights: OPEN
- White Bear Lake: Gary Schroeher
- Woodbury: John Chikkala
- Board Liaison: Cliff Aichinger
- Business Community: Dana Larsen-Ramsay
- Environmental Agency/Organization: Jennifer Gruetzman
- Master Gardner: OPEN
- Master Naturalist: Karen Wold
- School Representative: Randee Edmundson
- Faith Based Organization: OPEN
- Water Stewards: Linda Neilson, Stephanie Wang
- At Large : Katheryn Keefer, Tammy McCulloch, Gary Nelson, Stuart Knappmiller
Interested in joining the CAC?
Members are appointed by the Board of Managers to serve two-year terms. Applications are accepted year round and may be filled for open seats during the year.