Welcome to Dianne Ward, our New Board Member
The Watershed District wants to extend a warm and official welcome to Dianne Ward, our newest Board Member.
Dianne, appointed by Ramsey County, is a resident of Shoreview and a retired attorney. She joined the Board in February when longtime Board Manager Bob Johnson retired.
Dianne is a former Ramsey County Master Gardener and has a strong interest in Grass Lake and groundwater issues.
We asked Dianne a couple of questions so we could get to know her a little better.
What are your hobbies?
- I am interested in environmental issues.
- I enjoy spending time in nature.
- I also enjoy spending time with my grandkids and dogs.
What are your goals while on the Board?
RWMWD is doing much good work and I hope to help accomplish all its goals. Some areas of particular interest include:
- Ensuring RWMWD fully incorporates the area in the former Grass Lake Watershed Management Organization into its planning and management
- Evaluating and planning the whole District’s capacity to handle the more frequent 100-year rain events
- Improving communication with the District’s residents
We are excited to have Dianne on our Board!